Sadly, as a result of the owner, Rees, somehow deciding he needs to grow up and be more responsible (something about a house or savings taking priority over a boat, I mean, dude, seriously?!) now is your chance - OCTOPUSSY FOR SALE
NZ built production Shaw 650, possibly the fastest Shaw to date, having always been highly competitive amongst the Shaw 650 fleet and on SMS.
As another innovation to help the aspiring sailor who wants to go faster, but doesn't want to break their wallet, we are now selling Shaw 650 stage 2 kits two packs.
What does this include?
- 2 Shaw 650s including foils, keel, hatches, EVA deck, assorted deckgear, latest generation C-Tech full twin spreader continuous stay style carbon rig, rigging wire
- marked holes for deckgear (most of which are tapped already)
- premade trailer bunks
What do I need to do?
- mount the deckgear and chainplates
- set up a trailer (ideal for a country where you need to register a road trailer or have a desire to produce a custom trailer of your own)
- glue together the mast with plexus/sparbond and paint with anti UV
- run the control lines, sheets, etc
- provide your own turnbuckles, and swage then attach to your rig
- insert keel into boat, and attach the wedge
- add sails, boat cover and a load of beer
- go sail!
We estimate the total cost of the finishing work is less than $3,000-$5,000 USD (most of which is the trailer), and the time required is around 40 - 100 hours (depends totally on how fast you are). What it means for you is:
- easier shipping (we provide the 2 boats packaged together)
- simpler process for registration of the trailer (applicable in certain markets)
- reduced lead time in production
- you have the ability to set the boat up how you would like (some people prefer Ronstan, some people prefer Harken, some people want to do something weird and wonderful like a kite 2:1 halyard)
- substantial cost savings which means a lower cost for you
- note we can adjust or add as needed (e.g. if you want our sails just add them onto the price)
PRICE FOB ex Laem Chabang: $55,000 USD
Estimated shipping cost 1 container (most places in the world) $6,000 USD
Estimated duty on arrival depends on the country average $6,000 USD
Additional expense needed to set boat up X2 (estimate only) $7,000 USD
Additional expense for sails X2 (estimate only) $8,000 USD
Labour to set boat up - no cost allocated (time is money, except when it comes to boats)
TOTAL PRICE ~$82,000 USD = around $41,000 USD per boat
Comparing to what else is around, that's a sweet, sweet deal. Hit us up for more information, and start sailing a Shaw 650 TODAY!
As a blood or crip might say, Pornstar is OG. Meaning Original Gangsta. Which really doesn't apply to yacht racing, since the sailing gangsta rap scene is relatively small, other than the hit single boats and hos.
Anyhow, one thing the little red flyer does well is sailing - here's a great video clip from the mighty Teri Dodds (the best yachting photographer in the world, at least in Australia, and also a Kiwi) of Pornstar heading out to the start. Old or new, the Shaw 650 is still the benchmark for fun sailing in the 6.5m size, hit us up if you want to be part of the revolution!
Different conditions todayGood to see PornStar out for a stretch.Sail Mooloolaba #ASBAWinterNats 3 Oceans Wine Company - Margaret River
Posted by Australian Sports Boat Association on Friday, June 12, 2015